June 5, 2020
Staycation Ideas for an Enjoyable Summer Break
Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Summer is just beginning, but COVID-19 has put many plans on hold. If you have to stay at home, you can still enjoy a little summer vacation. Check out these staycation ideas to help you have fun while staying safe and healthy.
- Plan a mini road trip. Take a road trip to a new place in your state or to a national park. This is a great way to get out of the house while still practicing social distancing in an open green space.
- Have a spa day. In times of high stress it's important to take time for yourself and your family. Take a bubble bath, make an avocado facial mask, practice mindfulness and get in touch with your body and your health.
- Host a cooking night. Learn new, healthy recipes at home that your whole family can participate in making.
- Camp in your own backyard. Pitch a tent or lay under the stars. Camping at home is a great way to get outside while also still staying safe. Make sure to wear sunscreen!
- Take a virtual tour. If you have little ones in the house, occupy their minds with virtual museum and zoo tours. This is a great way to escape and explore without leaving the safety of your home.